- Lighting: The lack of natural light often leads basements to feel cavelike. Add a variety of lighting fixtures and focus on warm lighting tones to brighten the space.
- Flooring: Laminate flooring or tile is usually the best choice for a basement space rather than wood due to flooding risks. Layer area rugs or install radiant floor heating to combat cold feet.
- Bathroom: The perfect basement guest suite should feel like a private residence, which means it should include a full bathroom so guests do not need to go upstairs to shower or use the restroom.
- Kitchenette: A kitchenette will make guests feel at ease and offer a private space where they can fix a snack or drink, rather than feeling awkward in the main kitchen.
- Finishes: Focus on finishes that add elegant touches to the space so your guest will feel special when staying with you.
Are you dreaming of remodeling your basement and increasing your entertaining, storage, and living space? Don’t pick up a hammer to start the project yourself or start calling dozens of individual subcontractors! Save yourself from costly mistakes by partnering with the full service team at Green Basements and Remodeling. We are knowledgable and experienced with every step of a basement remodel from assessing any existing water damage or structural issues; to the installation of proper insulation materials (flame-retardant, mold- and acoustic-resistant); to creating a cohesive, functional, and visually appealing overall aesthetic.
Advantages of Working with an All-Inclusive Remodeler
Separately hiring designers, contractors, sub-contractors, architects, and engineers in a classic design-bid-build method can lead to lots of problems including conflicting recommendations, delays, miscommunications, and mistakes. Working with a design/build, all-inclusive remodeler, like Green Basements and Remodeling, eliminates that chaos because all of your design, planning, and construction needs are handled by a single firm. In addition to a single source of accountability, our design/build process also offers these benefits:
- Close communication: Potential problems are more quickly solved and there is no miscommunication between trades regarding developing design and construction details.
- Faster project completion: A design/build project can be completed in a shorter amount of time than a design-bid-build project due to reduced bid time, a streamlined schedule, and the ability to uncover and fix potential design and construction problems early.
- Quality control: There is no ambiguity in material and construction specifications with the design build method since the designer, engineer, and builder are from the same firm and focused on protecting the clients interest.
- Budget management: Project costs are clearly defined and controlled by the design/build firm. After arriving at the final project price, the client can rest assured their project budget will be managed.
Partner with Green Basements and Remodeling to make your remodeled basement dreams a reality. Visit our online basement photo gallery then come visit us at our new 3500 square foot showroom where you can view samples of flooring, cabinets, countertops, light fixtures, tile, hardware and other materials that we can combine to complete your project. We are a fully licensed and insured contracting company with decades of experience and we will make sure your project is completed smoothly, efficiently, and 100% to your satisfaction. If you are considering transforming your basement into an extension of your home, call Green Basements and Remodeling at (678) 445-5533, visit us, or request a free estimate today.
With summer squarely in the rearview mirror now, it’s just about the right time of year to start looking ahead to the… holidays! Can you believe it already? Just as it always seems that time is simply flying by, it also seems that living space is always scarce around the holidays. Whether it’s the extra room to entertain and socialize with friends and family when they visit, or a place for them to stay while they’re in town, a finished basement adds so much form and function to a house — and now is a good time to get started, even if it’s not done by the holidays, fall is still a great time to get it done in time for next year.
A Blank Canvas
If you’re one of the homeowners fortunate enough to even have a basement the benefit is huge, and for good reason. Not only can you carve out a great living space where friends and family can gather for socializing, movie nights, and much more, but you essentially have a blank canvas that you can design however you’d like in order to include all the features that are important to you. Whether it’s a mini-kitchen, wet bar, game room, home theater, extra bedrooms, bathrooms, extra storage space or anything else, the possibilities are truly endless.
Increased Home Value
Finishing or renovating a basement space not only helps when you want the extra space, but it also helps to add value to your home in case you ever decide to sell it. Homes in the Atlanta area with a finished basement are highly desirable to prospective buyers, which helps you to increase the return on your investment.
Fall is One of the Best Times
As you can probably imagine, outdoor construction projects tend to slow down for contractors, leaving them eager for projects during the fall and winter months. Not only might this allow some contractors to offer price breaks and other such offers, but construction materials and other things necessary for the project may also be less expensive, as well.
Green Basements & Remodeling
While there are many different ways to maximize your basement space, there is really only one way to begin such a project; that’s with the expert help that can only come from a licensed contractor. Green Basements & Remodeling specializes in basement finishing and remodeling, and so much more. With a complete in-house design center featuring state-of-the-art 3D renderings that allow you to see your space before construction even begins, the experts on the Green Team can walk you through the entire process from start to finish to ensure that your basement project is uniquely crafted to suit you and your family.
Call for a FREE estimate today!