Transform your dark and damp basement into a beautifully finished extension of your home by adding a gorgeous new guest suite. Adding a basement guest suite to your home adds a personal space for you, adult children, parents, or long-term guests. It will also boost your property value and can be offered as revenue-generating rental unit.
Creating The Perfect Basement Guest Suite
To create a comfortable and welcoming guest suite in your basement focus on adding functional and aesthetically appealing design elements.
- Lighting: The lack of natural light often leads basements to feel cavelike. Add a variety of lighting fixtures and focus on warm lighting tones to brighten the space.
- Flooring: Laminate flooring or tile is usually the best choice for a basement space rather than wood due to flooding risks. Layer area rugs or install radiant floor heating to combat cold feet.
- Bathroom: The perfect basement guest suite should feel like a private residence, which means it should include a full bathroom so guests do not need to go upstairs to shower or use the restroom.
- Kitchenette: A kitchenette will make guests feel at ease and offer a private space where they can fix a snack or drink, rather than feeling awkward in the main kitchen.
- Finishes: Focus on finishes that add elegant touches to the space so your guest will feel special when staying with you.
Partner with the Basement Guest Suite Experts at Green
With the word basement in our name, it should come as no surprise that we specialize in remodeling and finishing high-end basements. At Green Basements & Remodeling we can help you with all aspects of your guest suite’s construction and design including securing the proper permits, incorporating sufficient safety standards (egress windows, etc.), ensuring the proper moisture barriers are in place, and that all plumbing and wiring is correctly installed, expanded, or updated. We are a fully licensed and insured contracting company with decades of experience and we will make sure your project is completed smoothly, efficiently, and 100% to your satisfaction. Check out our basement portfolio and then come visit us at our new 3500 square foot showroom where you can view samples of flooring, cabinets, countertops, light fixtures, tile, hardware and other materials that we can combine to complete your project. If you are considering transforming your basement to include a beautiful guest suite, call Green Basements and Remodeling at (678) 445-5533, visit us, or request a free estimate today.